Pièce de résistance. Side edge guide, sidewall trimmer, base edge beveler and scraper sharpener, all reimagined in a single tool. Tools4Boards Switch RIG provides a complete edge tuning solution with no additional tools needed, it's 7 tools in 1 replacing 2 fixed angle side edge file guides, 3 fixed angle base bevelers, 1 sidewall cutter and 1 scraper sharpener. Take down just enough sidewall to expose more metal edge for filing, then simply rotate tool 180º to sharpen and hone the side edge at either 2° or 3° using any Tools4Boards file, HONE diamond stone or PUCK diamond disc (sold separately). To switch between 2° and 3° simply detach angle bar from wear plate, rotate 180º then re-attach. 0° angle bar surface provides convenient fence to sharpen plexi scrapers. No need to use an expensive carbide cutter that even if used correctly tears away too much sidewall (compromising structural integrity), or chatters down the length of the edge causing impossible to remove "washboard". The 7° angle bar perfectly positions a file to readily trim the plastic sidewall while missing the metal edge typically set at 2° or 3°. Place the coarse side of a Tools4Boards COMBI-CUT or PLANE panzer file (sold separately) on the outwardly facing 7° angle bar surface and draw the tool down the sidewall using light pressure to remove a minimal amount of the plastic, when the file begins to remove a slight amount of metal from either the edge or second edge (thin metal plate inward of edge) it's time to stop as just enough sidewall has been removed. Multiple file teeth in contact with the sidewall prevent the file blade from digging in. Minimizing sidewall removal maintains necessary support for the metal edge and greatly extends the life of your ski or snowboard. Remove one wear plate and place RIG on base surface with Delrin plastic pads contacting the cutting surface of the edge to bevel the base edge at .5°, .75° or 1° using any Tools4boards CUT file or HONE diamond stone (sold separately). To switch from sidewall trimmer to plexi scraper sharpener, simply detach 7° angle bar from wear plate, rotate 180º then re-attach so the 0° surface is outwardly facing. Place a sheet of Tools4Boards STRUCTURE premium sandpaper (sold separately) on a flat surface underneath wear plates and slide plexi scraper back and forth using 0° surface as a fence.
· We start with wear plates and shim precision milled from blocks of surgical grade stainless steel for military spec. accuracy and unprecedented durability
· Add modular 2°+3° and 0°+7° angle bars precision milled from blocks of aircraft grade aluminum using a 5-axis CNC machine, sand blasted and anodized to 15 microns
· Durable laser etched angle number markings
· Open areas around wear plates and shim allow sidewall debris and edge filings to fall away from base
· Disc positon indicators (+ symbols) on angle bars provide quick and easy alignment of new Tools4Boards PUCK diamond discs maximizing disc cutting and polishing efficiency
· Wear plate screw ports allow mounting of 4°+ 5° angular bar (available but sold separately)
Compatible with all interchangeable Switch system components. Domesic and foreign patents filed and pending.